Sweden is a northern European country bordered by Norway to the north-west, Finland to the north-east, and the Baltic Sea to the south. It is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary democracy and a highly developed economy. The capital of Sweden is Stockholm, and the currency is the Swedish Krona (SEK). The official spoken language of Sweden is Swedish. English is widely spoken and is a compulsory subject in schools. Sweden has a high tech capitalist economy founded on large volume foreign trade, in particular the export of timber, hydropower, and iron. The country has a highly skilled work force, and its engineering sector accounts for a large percentage of the gross domestic product. It has a developing business services sector. The Riksbank founded in 1668 is the oldest central bank in the world.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited Company (Aktiebolag)
- COMPANY LAW: Swedish Companies Act 2005 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: AB
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be either a natural person or corporate body, at least one director must be a resident in the EEA– we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered or Bearer
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum share capital SEK100,000 fully paid up, one share must have a minimum value of SEK100
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 day
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Sweden – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Corporate Tax 26.3%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 89
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Swedish with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Sweden or the formation of a Swedish company or other Swedish corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Swedish company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Sweden.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.