Bulgaria is a country located in south-eastern Europe, bordered by Romania to the north, Greece and Turkey to the south, Macedonia and Serbia to the west, and the Black Sea to the east. The capital is Sofia, and the currency is the Bulgarian Lev (BGN), which has a fixed exchange rate with the Euro. The official language is Bulgarian. The country has an industrialised market economy, and the private sector accounts for about three quarters of the GDP.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Company
- COMPANY LAW: The Commercial Law ( as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: EOOD (Single Member Limited Liability Company)
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality (corporate shareholders are allowed) – we can provide
- SECRETARY: No
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality (corporate shareholders are allowed) – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Capital of BGN 2
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 7 – 14 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Bulgaria – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: 10% Corporation Tax
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: No
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 58
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Bulgarian with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Bulgaria or the formation of a Bulgarian company or other Bulgarian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Bulgarian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Bulgaria.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.