Poland is a central European country bordered by the Baltic Sea and the Russian exclave Kaliningrad Oblast to the north, the Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south, Germany to the west, and Ukraine, Belarus, and Lithuania to the east. The capital is Warsaw, and the currency is the Zloty (PLN). The official spoken language is Polish and English and other European languages are widely spoken. It is a democracy with an elected president and bicameral National Assembly. It is a member of NATO and the EU. The Polish banking sector is the largest in central and eastern Europe.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Company
- COMPANY LAW: Commercial Code 2000 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Spółka z o.o. (Sp z o.o.)
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality (corporate directors not allowed) – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality and either natural persons or corporate bodies (if corporate bodies a minimum of two required) – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum share capital of PLN 50,000 fully paid up, minimum nominal value of PLN 500 per share
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 4 – 6 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Poland – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: 19%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 80
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Polish with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Poland or the formation of a Polish company or other Polish corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Polish company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Poland.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.