Belgium is country in Western Europe, which borders The Netherlands to the north, Germany to the northeast, France to the south, The North Sea to the west, and Luxembourg to the east. The capital is Antwerp, and the currency is the Euro. The official languages of Belgium are Dutch, French, and German, although Dutch and French are commonly spoken by most people, with a small minority of German speaking people. Belgium has a modern, open outlook economy that is highly globalized and has a highly productive work force. The country has an excellent transport infrastructure providing links to the rest of Europe, and it has used this together with its prime location within Europe to produce a very stable economy.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited Liability
- COMPANY LAW: Company Code (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: S.P.R.L./B.V.B.A.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one of any residency or nationality (corporate directors are allowed) – we can provide
- SECRETARY: No
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality (corporate shareholders are allowed) – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum share capital of €18,500 of which €6,500 must be fully paid up
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE:
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Belgium – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies between 24.98% and 33.99%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: No
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: Yes
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: French or Dutch with English certified translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Belgium or the formation of a Belgian company or other Belgian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Belgian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Belgium.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.