Italy is a member of the EU and is in southern Europe on a peninsula that extends into the Mediterranean Sea. The country is bordered by France, Switzerland, Austria, and Slovenia to the north, with the islands of Corsica, Sardinia, and Sicily to the west. The capital is Rome, and the currency is the Euro. The official language is Italian. It is a democratic parliamentary republic. The country’s economy is derived mainly from the manufacture of high quality consumer goods.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Societa a Responsabilita Limitata
- COMPANY LAW: Articles 2472 ff. and Articles 2325 ff. of the Civil Code
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: S.r.L
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one of any residence or nationality (all directors need a fiscal number (codice fiscal) and hold an EU passport – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one either a natural person or corporate entity of any residence or nationality – all shareholders must obtain a fiscal number (a sole shareholder company has to have the words “ Societa Uninominale” in its title and liability will be deemed to be unlimited) – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum capital required is €10,000, fully paid up if the company has only one shareholder. Otherwise, paid up capital should be 25% of the authorised capital
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2 – 3 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Italy – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: 31.4% Corporation Tax
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 87
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Italian with a certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Italy or the formation of an Italian company or other Italian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of an Italian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Italy.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.