Slovenia is a parliamentary republic in south-central Europe bordered by Austria and Hungary to the north, Croatia to the south and east and the Adriatic Sea and Italy to the west. The capital is Ljubljana, and the currency is the Euro. The official spoken language of Slovenia is Slovene. It is a member of the EU, OECD and NATO. It has a well-developed infrastructure and the main contributors to the economy are building and construction, industrial, trade and financial services.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Company (Družba z Omejeno Odgovornostjo)
- COMPANY LAW: Commercial Law and Company Law
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: D.O.O.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum share capital of €7,500, each shareholder must have a minimum contribution of €50
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 4 – 7 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Slovenia – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Corporate Tax varies between 10% and 20%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 40
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Slovene with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Slovenia or the formation of a Slovenian company or other Slovenian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Slovenian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Slovenia.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.