Romania is a south-eastern European country bordered by Moldova and Ukraine to the north, Bulgaria, and Serbia to the south, Hungary to the west, and the Black Sea to the east. The capital is Bucharest, and the currency is the Romanian Leu (RON). The official spoken language of Romania is Romanian. It is a member of the EU, NATO, Latin Union, OSCE, WTO and the UN. It is a presidential democratic republic. It has one of the lowest fiscal burdens in the EU. It has a diversified economy and the growth in tourism is becoming more important to the economy. It is attracting an increasing amount of foreign investment.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Company (Societate cu Raspundere Limitata)
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act 31/1990 modified by Law 441/2006
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: SRL
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum share capital is RON 200, minimum nominal value of Ron 10 per share , fully paid up
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 5 working days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Romania – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Corporate Tax varies between 2% and 16%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: Ron 200
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 78
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Romanian with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Romania or the formation of a Romanian company or other Romanian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Romanian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Romania.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.