Spain is located in south-western Europe bordered by France and the Bay of Biscay to the North, Portugal to the south-west, the North Atlantic Ocean to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the south and east. The capital is Madrid, and the currency is the Euro. The official language is Castilian Spanish. It is a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy. It is a member of the EU, UN, NATO, OECD and WTO. The Government is investing heavily in its infrastructure.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited Company
- COMPANY LAW: Companies Act 1989 and 1995 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Sociedad Limitada (SL)
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, natural persons only – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum share capital of € 3,006 fully paid up
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 – 2 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Spain – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Corporate Tax varies between 25% and 30%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 70
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Spanish with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Spain or the formation of a Spanish company or other Spanish corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Spanish company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Spain.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.