Slovakia is a country located in central Europe bordered by the Czech Republic and Poland to the north, Hungary to the south, Austria to the west, and the Ukraine to the east. The capital is Bratislava, and the currency is the Euro. The official language of Slovakia is Slovak. Slovakia’s cheap and well skilled labour force, low taxes, and good geographical location has helped the economy to develop. It is a member of the EU,NATO,OECD and WTO. The Slovakian economy is an advanced economy often referred to as “Tatra Tiger”. It is a market driven economy and the banking sector along with many major national companies have been privatised. The government has encouraged foreign investment and the country has enjoyed sustained economic growth.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Company (Spolocnost s Rucenim Obmedzeným)
- COMPANY LAW: Slovak Commercial Code (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: S.R.O.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum €5000 (200,000SKK)
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 – 2 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Slovakia – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Corporate Tax 19%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 60
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Slovak with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Slovakia or the formation of a Slovakian company or other Slovakian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Slovakian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Slovakia.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.