The principality of Monaco is a sovereign independent state in Western Europe, between the Alps and Mediterranean Sea bordering France and Italy. The capital of Monaco is Monaco, and the currency is the Euro. The official language is French. It is politically stable. The economy relies on tourism and its banking and financial services sector. There is no income tax or capital gains tax for residents.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Company (Societe Anonyme Monegasque)
- COMPANY LAW: Monagesque Commercial Code (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: SAM
- DIRECTORS: Minimum two who can be of any nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies each director must hold at least one share, one of them must be a resident in Monaco – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum two who can be of any nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Bearer or Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum capital is €150,000 fully paid up
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 3 – 6 months
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Monaco – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes – audited.
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: French with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Monaco or the formation of a Monaco company or other Monaco corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Monaco company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Monaco.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.