Malta is an island located in southern Europe in the Mediterranean Sea, to the south of Sicily. Malta is in the EU and the currency is the Euro. The Maltese archipelago consists of 3 islands Malta, Gozo and Comino. The capital is Valletta. The language is Maltese and English is widely spoken. The Maltese economy depends upon foreign trade, manufacturing and tourism. It has developed as a well regulated financial centre.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: International Trading Company (ITC)
- COMPANY LAW: Companies Act 1995 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited or Ltd.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one either natural persons or corporate bodies of any residency or nationality (one local director recommended) – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Yes who must be a natural person of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one if the director is a natural person, if a corporate entity a minimum of two shareholders are required, who can be either natural persons or corporate entities of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum paid up capital is €1500 with 20% fully paid up.
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 24 – 48 hours
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Malta – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Corporate Tax 35% *
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: €350
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 67
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
* Following the distribution of dividends, tax is partially refunded meaning an effective tax of 4.17% or 0% for holding companies.
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Malta or the formation of a Maltese company or other Maltese corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Maltese company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Malta.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.