Greece is in southern Europe in the Eastern Mediterranean. It is a parliamentary democracy headed by a president. The official language is Greek with English widely spoken. The capital is Athens. Greece is a member of the EU and the currency is the Euro. Shipping and tourism are key elements of the economy.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Offshore Branch
- COMPANY LAW: Companies Law (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited Liability Company (EPE) or Societe Anonyme or AE
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not Required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENT: Minimum €1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2 – 3 Weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Greece – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: 35%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: No
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: Yes
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Greek with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Greece or the formation of a Greek company or other Greek corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Greek company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Greece.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.