Gibraltar is located on the tip of the Iberian Peninsula located in south-western Europe; with Spain it’s only bordering country to the north. It is surrounded by the Strait of Gibraltar which connects the Mediterranean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean. The capital of Gibraltar is also named Gibraltar, and the currency is the Gibraltar Pound, which is exchangeable with and set with equal parity with the British Pound. The official language of Gibraltar is English as it is a British Overseas Territory, although most locals also speak Spanish. The Gibraltarian economy benefits from its large shipping trade and tourism. It has a developed and respected financial services sector.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Non Resident
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Ordinance 1984 (as amended) / Gibraltar Companies Ordinance 1967
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one of any residency or nationality (Corporate directors allowed) – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Resident secretary required in Gibraltar – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one of any residency or nationality outside Gibraltar – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum one share £1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 5 – 7 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Gibraltar – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: Yes – but not filed
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: £45
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: No
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Gibraltar or the formation of a Gibraltar company or other Gibraltar corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Gibraltar company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Gibraltar.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.