Germany is a central European country located with the North Sea and the Baltic Sea to the North, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Austria to the south, the Netherlands, Belgium, and France to the west, and Poland and the Czech Republic to the east. The capital of Germany is Berlin, and the currency is the Euro. The official spoken language of the country is German. The country’s economy is Europe’s largest and the fifth largest economy in the world. Germany has a highly skilled work force, and is a world leader in the export of machinery, vehicles, and chemicals.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Corporation (GmbH UG)
- COMPANY LAW: Act on German Limited Liability Companies
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: GmbH UG
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality, individual or corporate body – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality, individual or corporate body – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum share capital is €1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 week
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Germany – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: 25% Corporation Tax
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/a
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 91
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: German
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Germany or the formation of a German company or other German corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a German company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Germany.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.