Denmark is a northern European country, lying on a peninsula to the north of Germany, and bordered by both the Baltic Sea, and the North Sea. The territory also includes the islands Sjaelland, Fyn, and Bornholm. The capital is Copenhagen, and the currency is the Danish Krone (DKK) which has a fixed exchange rate with the Euro. The official language is Danish, and English is widely spoken. The country has a highly developed modern market economy with a technologically advanced agricultural sector, world leading pharmaceutical companies, and is a leader in the sectors of maritime shipping and renewable energy.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited Company
- COMPANY LAW: Danish Companies Act (as amended 2010)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: ApS
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one resident in the EU – we can provide
- SECRETARY: No
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Standard capital DKK80,000
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2 Weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Denmark – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: 25%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: No
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 80
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Danish with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Denmark or the formation of a Danish company or other Danish corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Danish company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Denmark.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.