Cyprus is an island located in the eastern Mediterranean Sea, with Turkey to the north, Greece to the west, Syria and Lebanon to the east, and Israel and Egypt to the south. The capital is Nicosia, and the currency is the Euro. The official languages of Cyprus are Greek and Turkish, English is widely spoken. Tourism and real estate are important to the Cypriot economy and it has a highly developed and respected Financial Services centre. Corporate entities in Cyprus can be utilised in International tax planning using tax treaties.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited
- COMPANY LAW: Companies Law, Chapter 113 (as amended) / Companies (Amendment) Act 2000 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality (corporate directors are allowed) – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality (corporate secretaries are allowed) ( in certain circumstances required in Cyprus) – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one, of any residency or nationality (corporate shareholders are allowed) – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENT: Minimum €1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 7 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Cyprus – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Nil unless deemed resident in which case 10%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: € 350
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 51
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English and Greek
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Cyprus or the formation of a Cyprus company or other Cyprus corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Cypriot company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Cyprus.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.