Vanuatu is a group of islands in the South Pacific, some one thousand miles off the eastern coast of the Australian continent. It is a Republic with a stable parliamentary democracy. The capital city is Port Vila on the island of Efate. Bislama, English and French are the official languages. Its currency is the Vatu (Vt). Its economy was originally based on tourism and agriculture. Since 1971 it has developed as a financial centre. It is also recognised as an international maritime centre for ship registration.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: International
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act (Cap 191), The International Companies Act 1993
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited or any internationally recognised suffix
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one director who can be of any residency or nationality and either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one shareholder can be of any residency or nationality and either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum US$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 day
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Vanuatu – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: No
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE:US$300
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Vanuatu or the formation of a Vanuatu company or other Vanuatu corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Vanuatu company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Vanuatu.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.