India, officially the Republic of India is in South Asia and is the seventh largest country by area. It was under the administration of the East India Company in the 18th century and then directly administered by the UK from the mid-19th century until 1947 when it gained its independence. The capital is New Delhi. The currency is the Indian Rupee (INR). The main languages are Hindi and English. It is a parliamentary republic with a multi-party system.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act 1956
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: “Pvt Limited”
- DIRECTORS: Two of any nationality or residency – we can provide (Corporate directors are not permitted)
- SECRETARY: Local secretary required – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Two of any residency or nationality, corporate shareholders are permitted – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum INR 100,000 (approximately US$2250)
- OWNERSHIP: 100% foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 7 – 14 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in India – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes Audited
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies – certain tax exemptions available
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: Over 70
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in India, the formation of an Indian company, other Indian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Indian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in India.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.