Singapore is an island country made of an amalgamation of multiple islands in the Singapore Strait bordered to the north east and west by Malaysia and to the south by Indonesia. Singapore has one of the busiest ports in the world and its economy relies on exports. Its capital is Singapore. Its currency is the Singapore Dollar (S$). It has four official languages which are: Chinese, Malay, Tamil and English. English common Law provides the foundation for Singapore’s legal system. It has enjoyed a stable economy and from credit rating agencies around the world, it possesses a top rating attracting multinational companies in their thousands from different geographical areas around the world.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited
- COMPANY LAW: Singapore Companies Act
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Pte Ltd or Private Limited
- DIRECTORS: A minimum of one who must be resident in Singapore – we can provide, additional directors can be natural persons or corporate entities of any nationality or residency
- SECRETARY: Singapore resident secretary required – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one either corporate or natural persons – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: S$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 3 – 5 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Singapore – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Corporate tax is 0% – 17%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: S$20
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 86
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Singapore or the formation of a Singapore company or other Singapore corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Singapore company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Singapore.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.