Situated some one thousand miles east of Australia and in the south-western Pacific Ocean, New Zealand is an island country formed mainly of two large islands, the North and South islands, and of other various surrounding small islands. It is a democracy and Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state. Its economy relies heavily on the export of wine, dairy products, meat and mining. The capital city is Wellington. English is the official language and its currency is the New Zealand Dollar (NZ$). Despite some economic depressions in the 70s, 80s, 90s and more recently, the global financial crisis, New Zealand kept enjoying a stable political scene and is acknowledged as one of the most steady and well governed countries with a free trade economy and a strong banking system.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited
- COMPANY LAW: Companies Act 1993
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited
- DIRECTORS: One of any nationality or residency (corporate directors are permitted) – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: One of any residency or nationality, corporate shareholders are permitted – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: NZ$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 day
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in New Zealand – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 28
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in New Zealand or the formation of a New Zealand company or other New Zealand corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a New Zealand company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in New Zealand.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.