Samoa is a group of islands in the South Pacific Ocean to the east of Australia, almost halfway between New Zealand and Hawaii. The capital city is Apia. Its currency is the Samoa Dollar (Tala). Samoan and English are its languages. A parliamentary republic, it enjoys a democracy which is modified to take into account Samoan customs. The economy is reliant on agricultural exports and tourism. Samoa means “Sacred centre of the Universe”.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: IC – International Company
- COMPANY LAW: International Companies Act 1987
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited or any internationally recognised suffix
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one director of any residency or nationality (corporate directors allowed) – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Required and can be of any residency or nationality (corporate secretary allowed) – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum One – corporate or natural persons – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered or Bearer
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum US$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 3 – 5 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Samoa – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: Must be maintained, but no requirement to file
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: US$ 300
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Samoa or the formation of a Samoa company or other Samoan corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Samoa company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Samoa.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.