The Republic of Philippines is an island country in the western area of the Pacific Ocean. It shares only maritime borders, no land borders, with other countries. Taiwan to the north, Indonesia to the south, the large expanse of the Philippines Sea, before Guam to the east and Vietnam to the west. Its capital city is Manila. The currency is the Philippine peso. Its official and most commonly used languages are English and Filipino. The economy is based on services and manufacturing.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Corporation
- COMPANY LAW: The Corporation Code
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Corporation
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of 5 natural persons – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Local secretary required – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of 5 natural persons – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum paid-up capital of US$200,000
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership can be granted
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 4 – 8 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in the Philippines – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes (audited)
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies – income tax holidays available between 3 and 8 years from incorporation
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 31
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Philippines or the formation of a Philippines company or other Philippines corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Philippines company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Philippines.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.