The Republic of Mauritius is an island in the Indian Ocean, off the eastern coast of the island of Madagascar, some one thousand five hundred miles off the African eastern coast. It is a Democracy and its constitution is based on the English Westminster model. The law is a mixture between Napoleonic code and British common law. Its Economy, traditionally based on tourism is more and more dependent on financial services and information technology.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Global Business Company Category 2 (GBC2) – International Business Company
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act 2001
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited, Ltd, Incorporated, Inc, or any internationally recognised suffix
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one, corporate or natural persons – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Optional
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one either corporate or natural persons of any residency or nationality
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum US$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2-3 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Mauritius – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: US$300
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
** We can also incorporate and advise on the structuring of GBC1 Companies that are resident but can be used to take advantage of a network of tax treaties
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Mauritius or the formation of a Mauritius company or other Mauritius corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Mauritius company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Mauritius.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.