Malaysia is an amalgamation of a number of states and territories in Southeast Asia. It is bordered by Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam to the North, Indonesia to the South, Philippines to the East and the Bay of Bengal to the West.
Malaysia is a Monarchy with a King known as the Yang di-Pertuan Agong. Its government is based on the English parliamentary system and its legal system is based on the English Common Law. The currency is the Ringgit (RM).
The official language is Bahasa Malaysia but English is widely spoken. As recently as 2011, Malaysia had the third largest economy in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and is on the “white list” of the OECD. The Company Registrar in Malaysia is called the Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM)
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited
- COMPANY LAW: Companies Act 1965
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Sdn. Bhd or Sendirian Berhad
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of two natural persons, must be residents in Malaysia – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Yes – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Corporate or Natural persons – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Authorised and Paid-up Capital of RM100,000
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 5 – 7 working days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Malaysia – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 68
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Bahasa Malaysia with a certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Malaysia or the formation of a Malaysian company or other Malaysian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Malaysian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Malaysia.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.