Indonesia is officially known as the Republic of Indonesia and is a country in South East Asia. It is an archipelago of 17,508 islands with 33 provinces. Indonesia is a republic with an elected legislature and president. The capital is Jakarta. The country shares borders with Papua New Guinea, East Timor and Malaysia. Indonesia is a founding member of ASEAN and a member of the G-20 major economies. The official language is Indonesian. The currency is the Rupiah (IDR).
- TYPE OF COMPANY: PMA (Penanaman Modal Asing)
- COMPANY LAW: Company Law No 1 of 1995
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: PT (Perseroan Terbatas)
- DIRECTORS: One of any nationality or residency – we can provide (Corporate directors are not permitted)
- SECRETARY: Local secretary required – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Two of any residency or nationality, corporate shareholders are permitted – we can provide (for a JV 5% must be owned by an Indonesian National)
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum IDR 50,000,000 (approximately US$6800)
- OWNERSHIP: 100% foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 12 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Indonesia – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes Audited
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: 30%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: Yes including UK and USA
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Indonesian with certified English Translation
** All companies must have a Commissioner who must also be a shareholder of the company, their role is supervision of the company
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Indonesia, the formation of a Indonesian company, other Indonesian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Indonesian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Indonesia.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.