Sharjah is an emirate of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), located to the North of Dubai, and the only emirate to have land on both the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. The capital is Sharjah City, and the currency is the UAE Dirham (AED).Oil and natural gas have brought great prosperity to the region, as has a specially developed industrial zone within the area. In recent years Sharjah has also developed a successful tourist industry. The official spoken language is Arabic, however English is commonly used as a business language.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Company
- COMPANY LAW: Second Federal Company Law
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: LLC
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Minimum of one – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of two – we can provide *
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Capital is AED 150,000, fully paid up
- OWNERSHIP: 51% of the shareholding ought to be owned by UAE nationals*
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 4-6 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Sharjah – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes, audited
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: Yes
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Arabic with certified English translation
* Although 51% of the shares ought to be owned by UAE nationals, the distribution of profits does not have to follow the same percentage and can be agreed upon
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Sharjah or the formation of a Sharjah company or other Sharjah corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Sharjah company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Sharjah.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.