Dubai is an emirate city within the United Arab Emirates (UAE), located southeast of the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula. The capital city is Dubai City, and the currency is the UAE Dirham (AED). The emirate has been successful in diversifying its economic income away from the oil on which its wealth was originally built, and now new sectors such as real estate, construction, trade, and increasingly financial services, make up the largest contributor to Dubai’s economy. Dubai is well known for its world class shopping malls and spectacular hotels. Arabic is the official spoken language, although English is commonly used in business.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Jebel Ali Free Zone
- COMPANY LAW: International Companies Regulations 2006 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: JAFZ
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Minimum one – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one, no restrictions on residency or nationality– we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered or restricted Bearer
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: No minimum required if setting up a branch
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 24 hours
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Dubai – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: No
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Arabic with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Dubai or the formation of a Dubai company or other Dubai corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Dubai company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Dubai.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.