Israel is a parliamentary republic on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. It borders Lebanon to the north, the Red Sea, Egypt and the Gaza Strip to the south and south east respectively, Syria, Jordan and the West Bank to the east and the Mediterranean Sea to the West.
The currency is the New Israeli Shekel (ILS). The capital is Jerusalem and its financial centre is Tel Aviv. Tourism is an important contributor to its economy and it has a developed financial services sector. It has the second largest number of startup companies in the world after the USA.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private Limited (Non-resident)
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Ordinance 1983 and The Companies Law 1999 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one, must be resident outside Israel for the company to benefit from Corporate Tax exemption – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Not required but recommended – can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one either a natural person or a corporate body who must be resident outside Israel for the company to benefit from Corporate Tax exemption – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: 2 ILS
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2-3 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Israel – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- TAXATION: Exempt on profits derived from business outside Israel
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: US$ 700
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 38
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Hebrew with certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Israel or the formation of an Israeli company or other Israeli corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of an Israeli company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Israel.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.