Abu Dhabi is an emirate, and the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which encompasses about 80% of the country’s total land mass. The emirate lies on an island which protrudes into the Persian Gulf from the Arabian Peninsula. It is bordered in the north by the Persian Gulf, in the south and west by Saudi Arabia, and in the east by Oman. The UAE has great wealth from the oil industry, and this accounts for the majority of the country’s income. The GDP of Abu Dhabi accounts for over half of the economy of the UAE, and it is amongst the richest cities in the world. The currency of Abu Dhabi is the UAE Dirham (AED), which has a fixed rate of exchange with the US Dollar. Arabic is the official spoken language, although English is commonly used in business.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited Liability Company
- COMPANY LAW: International Companies Regulations 2006 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: LLC
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Minimum of one – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum two – we can provide *
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered, minimum value per share AED 1,000
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: AED 150,000 fully paid-up
- OWNERSHIP: 51% of the shareholding ought to be owned by UAE nationals*
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: One week
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Abu Dhabi – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: No
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEES: Yes
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Arabic with certified English translation
* Although 51% of the shares ought to be owned by UAE nationals, the distribution of profits does not have to follow the same percentage and can be agreed upon
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Abu Dhabi or the formation of an Abu Dhabi company or other Abu Dhabi corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of an Abu Dhabi company, please contact us.
We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Abu Dhabi.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.