Manitoba is a province in the middle of Canada’s geographical location. It is bordered in the north by Nunavut and the Hudson Bay, in the south by the United States of America, in the east by Ontario and in the west by Saskatchewan. Its capital is Winnipeg. The economy is largely based on agriculture, mining, forestry, petro-chemicals and tourism.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Corporation
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Acts 1931 – 1993 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited, Ltd, Corporation, Corp, Incorporation, Inc.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who must be Canadian resident – we can provide (corporate directors not allowed)
- SECRETARY: Yes who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural a person or corporate body – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum CD$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 day
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Manitoba – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies from Nil% to 15%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: Varies
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 86
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English and French
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Manitoba or the formation of a Manitoba company or other Manitoba corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Manitoba company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Manitoba.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.