Prince Edward Island (PEI) is the smallest province in Canada situated to the north east of the country on the Atlantic Ocean shore. It comprises many other smaller islands, more than two hundred, all between Newfoundland and Quebec to the north and New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to the south. Its capital is Charlottetown. The islands’ economy is mainly from the industries of fishing, agriculture and tourism. Recently, there has been a diversification into Bioscience, Renewable Energy, Aerospace and Information Technologies.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Corporation
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Acts 1931 – 1993 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited, Ltd, Corporation, Corp, Incorporation, Inc.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality – we can provide (corporate directors not allowed)
- SECRETARY: Yes who can be of any residency or nationality, natural person only – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: CD$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 day
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Prince Edward Island – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies from Nil% to 16%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: Minimum US$ 150
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 86
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English and French
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Prince Edward Island or the formation of a Prince Edward Island company or other Prince Edward Island corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Prince Edward Island company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Prince Edward Island.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.