British Columbia is a province in western Canada bordered in the north by The Yukon Territory and by the North West Territories, in the south by the United States of America, in the east by Alberta and in the west by the Pacific Ocean. Its capital is Victoria. British Columbia’s economy is traditionally based on forestry and mining with construction and retail becoming more important. The film industry, especially around Vancouver, is also prominent.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Corporation
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Acts 1931 – 1993 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited, Ltd, Corporation, Corp, Incorporation, Inc.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality – we can provide (corporate directors are not allowed)
- SECRETARY: Yes, who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate body – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum CD$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 day
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in British Columbia – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies from Nil% to 13.5%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: Minimum US$150
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 86
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English and French
If you would like further information on setting up a company in British Columbia or the formation of a British Columbia company or other British Columbia corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a British Columbia company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in British Columbia.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.