Uruguay is a South American country bordered to the north by Brazil, to the west and southwest by Argentina, and to the east and south by the Atlantic Ocean. The country is a representative democratic republic with a democratically elected president. The capital city is Montevideo, and the official currency is the Uruguayan Peso. The official language is Spanish. The telecommunications system within the country is amongst the best in Latin America. The Uruguayan economy has experienced a lot of growth in recent years, with beef; soya beans, pharmaceutical products, and software as the country’s main exports.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: SAFI – Sociedad Anonima Financiera de Inversiones
- COMPANY LAW: Law 11,073 of 1948
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: S.A.F.I.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency/nationality and either a natural person or corporate bodies – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Optional
- SHAREHOLDERS: A minimum of one who can be of any residency or nationality and either a natural person or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered or Bearer
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: 5% of authorised capital
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 40 days but shelf companies (ready-made) are immediately available
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Uruguay – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: 0.3%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 24
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Spanish with a certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Uruguay or the formation of a Uruguay company or other Uruguay corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Uruguay company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Uruguay.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.