Ecuador is a democratic republic in South America, bordered by Columbia to the north, Peru on the east and south, and by the Pacific Ocean to the west. It is a presidential republic. The capital city is Quito. The official language is Spanish and the currency is the US Dollar. Ecuador’s economy is the eighth largest in Latin America. Oil accounts for 40% of exports. Ecuador was the first country to produce and export bananas on a worldwide scale, and other major exports from the country are flowers, cocoa, sugar cane, rice, cotton and corn.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Limited
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited or Corporation
- DIRECTORS: A minimum of two – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Optional
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum two of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: US$ 800
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2 – 4 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Ecuador – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: 10% – 25%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: Yes
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Spanish with a certified English translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Ecuador or the formation of a Ecuador company or other Ecuador corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Ecuador company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Ecuador.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.