The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is a stable democracy and is a British overseas territory east of Puerto Rico in the Caribbean. The capital is Road Town in Tortola. The currency is the US Dollar. English is the official language. As an offshore financial centre the BVI has one of the strongest economies in the Caribbean region, with tourism and financial services as the main sources of income. Almost half of the world’s offshore companies are formed within the jurisdiction.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: International Business Company (IBC)
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act (cap 285) and The BVI Business Act 2004.
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited; Corporation; Incorporation; S.A or any internationally recognised suffix
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Optional
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum US$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2 working days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in BVI – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: No
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: US$350
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in the BVI or the formation of a BVI company or other BVI corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a BVI company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in British Virgin Islands.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.