Bermuda is a stable democracy and is a British overseas territory in the North Atlantic Ocean, located off the east coast of the United States of America. Hamilton is the capital city and the currency is the Bermudan Dollar (BD$) which has a parity with the US Dollar. English is the official language. Bermuda is an offshore financial centre. It has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world. It has developed as a luxury tourist centre and also as a major financial centre.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Exempt
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act 1981 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited
- DIRECTORS: Minimum number two, directors of any residency or nationality allowed but there must always be sufficient resident directors to form a quorum in Bermuda – we can provide, corporate directors not allowed
- SECRETARY: Local secretary required – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum of one
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum US$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign Ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2 – 3 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Bermuda – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: Yes from BD$1870
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: None
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Bermuda or the formation of a Bermuda company or other Bermuda corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Bermuda company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Bermuda.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.