The Bahamas is a group of islands stretching out in a 760 mile curve from 60 miles east of Palm Beach in Florida to just north of Haiti, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic in the Atlantic Ocean, northwest of the Turks and Caicos Islands, and southeast of the US State of Florida. Tourism has made the Bahamas one of the most affluent countries in the Caribbean community, and more than half of the country’s workforce work in this sector. The Bahamas is a sovereign independent nation, and it’s political and legal systems closely follow that of the United Kingdom. The capital is Nassau, and the currency is the Bahamian Dollar. The official language is English. Financial services are the second largest industry of the country, and the government has incentives in place to encourage foreign financial businesses, and further banking and financial reforms are in progress in order to further this development.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: International Business Company (IBC)
- COMPANY LAW: The International Business Companies Act 2000 and The International Business Companies (Amendment) Act 2004
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Inc. Corp, SA, or any internationally recognised suffix
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- SECRETARY: No
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum US$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 2 – 5 days
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Bahamas – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: No
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No taxation on any income derived from outside Bahamas
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: US$350
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Bahamas or the formation of a Bahamas company or other Bahamas corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Bahamas company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Bahamas.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.