Ras Al Khaimah is one of the seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Ras al Khaimah lies on an island which protrudes into the Persian Gulf from the Arabian Peninsula. The United Arab Emirates, as a whole, have great wealth from the oil industry but Ras Al Kahimah houses national and international companies and has an established business and financial sector and is an investment destination. It is also home to the largest producer of ceramics in the world. The currency of Ras Al Kahimah is the UAE Dirham (AED), which has a fixed rate of exchange with the US Dollar. Arabic is the official spoken language, although English is commonly used in business.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: RAK (Ras Al Khaimah) International Business Company (IBC)*
- COMPANY LAW: International Companies Regulations 2006 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited; Corporation; Incorporated or any internationally recognised suffix
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Yes who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural person or corporate body – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality, either natural persons or corporate bodies – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered or restricted Bearer
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: No Minimum
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 24 hours
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Ras Al Khaimah – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: No
- DISCLOSURE: No
- TAXATION: No
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE:
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: N/A
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Arabic with certified English translation
* Please note that a company incorporated in the RAK Offshore Free Trade Zone cannot trade or conduct business within the United Arab Emirates – if you wish to conduct business in the UAE, please contact our offices.
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Ras Al Khaimah or the formation of a Ras Al Khaimah company or other Ras Al Khaimah corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Ras Al Khaimah company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Ras Al Khaimah.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.