Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world and the largest country in Latin America. It shares its borders with every country in South America, except Ecuador and Chile. Its capital is Brasilia and the official language is Portuguese. It is a politically stable presidential democratic republic. The currency is the Real (R$). Brazil stands as number six in the largest economies in the world and its economy relies mainly on mining, agriculture, manufacture of goods and on the service sector. It is a major exporter.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Sociedade Anonima
- COMPANY LAW: Corporation Law 1976 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: S.A.
- DIRECTORS: A minimum of two directors who can be of any nationality or residency and either a natural person or corporate bodies but one must be a resident in Brazil and must be a shareholder – we can provide
- SECRETARY: Optional
- SHAREHOLDERS: A minimum of two who can be of any nationality or residency and either a natural person or a corporate body – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered in bearer form
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: 10% of authorised capital
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 4 – 8 weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Brazil – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: No
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: From 15%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: N/A
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: Yes
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: Portuguese with a certified English Translation
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Brazil or the formation of a Brazilian company or other Brazilian corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Brazilian company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Brazil.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.