Quebec is a province in eastern Canada bordered by Nunavut and the Hudson Bay to the north, the United States of America to the south, Newfoundland and Labrador to the east and Ontario to the west. Its capital is Quebec City. Its economy is mainly based on the services sector, Aerospace in particular, Information Technology and Software and Multimedia.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Corporation
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act 1931 – 1993 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited, Ltd, Corporation, Corp, Incorporation, Inc.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality – we can provide (corporate directors not allowed)
- SECRETARY: Yes who can be of any residency or nationality, natural person only – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: CD$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 day
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Quebec – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies from 8.9% to 16.25%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: Minimum US$ 150
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 86
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English and French
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Quebec or the formation of a Quebec company or other Quebec corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Quebec company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Quebec.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.