Ontario is a Canadian Province on the eastern side of the country. It is bordered in the north by the Hudson Bay and in the south by Lake Superior, Quebec to the east and Manitoba to the west.
Its capital, Toronto, is the centre of the banking and financial services in Canada. Ontario also comprises Ottawa, the administrative capital of Canada. Its economy relies on manufacturing, production of hydroelectric power and electrical appliances, steel, machinery paper and iron. It is the most important car producer in North America. Revenues from Information technology in and around Ottawa and Tourism, mainly to the Niagara Falls and Casinos, contribute significantly to the economic wellbeing of the province.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Corporation
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Act 1931 to 1993 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited, Ltd, Corporation, Corp, Incorporation, Inc.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum one who must be Canadian resident – we can provide (corporate directors not allowed)
- SECRETARY: Yes who can be of any residency or nationality, either a natural person or corporate body – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: CD$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 1 day
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Ontario – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies from Nil% to 14%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: Minimum US$ 150
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 86
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English and French
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Ontario or the formation of an Ontario company or other Ontario corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of an Ontario company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Ontario.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.