Alberta is a province in western Canada bordered in the north by the North Western Territories in the South by the United States of America, in the east by Saskatchewan and in the west by British Columbia. Edmonton is the capital. The petro-chemical industry is important to the growing economy along with its financial services sector.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Corporation
- COMPANY LAW: The Companies Acts 1931 – 1933 (as amended)
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited, Ltd, Corporation, Corp, Incorporation, Inc.
- DIRECTORS: Minimum of one who must be resident in Alberta– we can provide ( corporate directors are not allowed)
- SECRETARY: Yes, who can be of any residency or nationality (corporate secretaries are not allowed) – we can provide
- SHAREHOLDERS: Minimum one of any residency or nationality – we can provide
- CLASSES OF SHARE: Registered
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum CD$1
- OWNERSHIP: 100% Foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: 24 hours
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Alberta – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Yes
- TAXATION: Varies between Nil% and 11.5%
- GOVERNMENT LICENCE FEE: US$150
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 86
- LANGUAGE OF DOCUMENTATION: English
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Alberta or the formation of an Alberta company or other Alberta corporate entities or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of an Alberta company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Alberta.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.