Bangladesh is bordered by India on all sides, Burma on the southeast and the Bay of Bengal to the south. The name Bangladesh means “Country of Bengal”. The present day borders were established during the fall of the British Indian Empire in 1947, when Bengal was partitioned and the region became East Pakistan, part of the newly formed nation of Pakistan. However it was separated from West Pakistan by a large area of Indian Territory. Following the war of Liberation in 1971 it became a secular democratic republic. In 1975 political upheaval saw a sixteen year period of martial law and quasi-military style rule. It was restored as a democracy in 1991. It has an elected parliament called the Jatiyo Sangshad. Bangladesh is a member of SAARC, BIMSTEC, the OIC and Commonwealth. The capital is Dhaka. The official language is Bengali.
- TYPE OF COMPANY: Private or Public
- COMPANY LAW: Companies Act 1994
- SUFFIX TO DENOTE LIMITED LIABILITY: Limited or PLC
- DIRECTORS: Private Company Two, Public Company Three
- SECRETARY: Not required
- SHAREHOLDERS: Private Company Two, Public Company Seven
- CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS: No minimum
- OWNERSHIP: 100% foreign ownership allowed
- TIME TO INCORPORATE: Two Weeks
- REGISTERED OFFICE: Required in Bangladesh – we can provide
- ANNUAL RETURN: Yes
- ANNUAL TAX RETURN & ACCOUNTS: Yes
- DISCLOSURE: Company information is available from the RJS but not profit & loss accounts
- TAXATION: 30% – 45%
- DOUBLE TAXATION TREATIES: 28
If you would like further information on setting up a company in Bangladesh, or on the formation of a Bangladesh company or on other corporate entities in Bangladesh or require professional advice relating to taxation or the structuring and requirements of a Bangladesh company, please contact us. We can also provide advice on establishing a subsidiary, joint venture or foreign company to carry on business in Bangladesh.
We can provide a wide range of support and administration services, bank introductions, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, virtual offices, accountancy and legal services. We can also advise on compliance with all the regulatory and statutory requirements.